Sign in to follow this  
Hornit

How to make taxiways and parking area with Airport?

hello!i've trying to make my first scenery for FS2K2,as i can't get this "airport" from anywhere,just because it doesn't exist in reality!so i managed to build the runway,make a flatten area because of mountains,add navaids to the runway,add a building,a parking area and taxiways.but there are some problems:my parking area(made with road texture)and my taxiways(i've just click taxiway on airport menu)do appear on scenery but when a plane is taxing it,it's the same as if it was in the grass(there's dust projection,and the plane make little jumps)!how can i do?thanks

you have to place an invisible runway under the whole airport. I forget where the option for this is. I'm sure someone will be able to tell you.

Guest JR Morgan

Hi Luis_F: To add to Radivil's reply, you can also use the "Create Surface Type" in Apt26 (revision build 146 or later) to smooth your airport's surfaces. The invisible runway works fine, however, in FS2002, the invisible runway in Apt26 destroys nearby autogen objects (trees and buildings). The "Create Surface Type" function is more forgiving in this regard. If you don't have trees near your airport the invisible runway is fine to use. To make an invisible runway in Apt26, just select the box in the "Create Runway" menu.Good Luck;J.R.

well,i'm probably really bad!!!i've tried to make an invisible runway that covers the whole airport(runway+taxiways)!it still doesn't work.maybe there's something wrong with the altitude of invisible runway and even with runways settings!!!so if there is someone really good(or simply good!)with airport,i would send my apt file to be correct by someone who knows!it's a simply apt file(just runway and taxiways).

Make sure you check carefully the altitude of your invisible runway. Also look at the info box for the runway elevation and make sure the reference is correct..for example.....meters above ground level is a lot different than feet! It took me an afternoon of pulling my hair out to figure this one..:) A lot of times its a simple input error thats causing the problem.Hornit