Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

GMAX help and tutorials

Hi all, I have modelled buildings and stuff before using EOD, airport 2.6 and stuff and even writing API code by hand. However, GMAX has me beat! I cannot even get a rectangular building from the program. The help means nothing to me either as the terms are too complex for the simple objects I want to build. So can you experts point me to web sites or other docs or tutorials which get get me started? the help from MS made no sense! I have read many of the posts on this board and have seen some of the related tools. However, can someone pull all these together for me in a list of links in order of simplicity?Regards, Tony

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

There are a gazillion tutorials out there. Have you looked at discreets web site? Go to the support page for gmax and start reading the bulliten board. Gmax is a baby version of 3dsmax ver 4, so type that into a search engine with the word tutorials and start reading. Do every tutorial you can find. Don't even start until you've done the tuts that came with the program. Don't worry (like I did) that you aren't learning how to use the program, it feels a bit like your are just robotically doing what the tuts tell you sometimes, but oddly, there came a moment for me when it all came together...And you will likely remember which tuts really helped you and they become reference for a while until it becomes second nature to you.B