Sign in to follow this  

tick18 animations - how?

I know there's been a posting about this subject already, but it did not help me. So here's my question: How can I get a keyframe animation working with the tick18 prefix? I made two (scenery) objects in gmax, one is animated (simple rotation), one is not. Animation is visible in gmax. Used the tick18 prefix for the animated one. Exported the scene, with animations enabled. Nevertheless, there is no animation visible in FS2002.Any Help?Answers highly appreciated, thank you.VH

I had the problem that my object didn't appear, but that was when my project only had one animated object. When I added a second static object everything worked fine.Maybe you can take a look at the ASM code GMax makes to check if the animation code is there or not?ArnoMember NL2000 Teamhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Thank you for the hint. Checked and there really was no animation code there. Re-modeled the whole scene, and it works now. Thanks,VH

Hi Arno would you be so kind to point a dumb pilot like me to wherethose animation tags are and what tool you are using to readrecompile them? Dan (See I don't know it all LOL)

Hi Dan,Do you have the MakeMDL SDK? There it says that if you use the Tick18 prefix in your objects name it can be animated.The next step is to make a keyframe animation in GMax (see the GMax help for this, that is quite good).Then you can just export it with the exporter (MakeMDL) and there you have a BGL with animation :)ArnoMember NL2000 Teamhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Duh yup I guess I shoud read it again LOL And I have done keyframestuff for some other games so I hope to have some ASR-9 radar headsdone up real soon and (and a ASDE head as well). Thanks Dan