Sign in to follow this  
arno

Texture Flashing

I have noticed at a few of my airports KCVG,KRNO that the ground textures around the parking area are flashing. As I move away towards the taxiway and runway it seems to get improve. I have Lago FSSE and some Sim Flyer airports installed on my system but none of them should effect the 2 airports mentioned above.If anyone has a way or a few things I might be able to try to fix this annoying problem please let me know. Much apprecited !!!

Guest Navigator

Recently I installed Munich airport (from German Airports 1) and observed the same thing as you: flashing ground areas. However, when I disabled an earlier add-on (Greek Mesh Terrain Scenery), the flashing did no longer occur. I cannot explane why this add-on for Greece affected an airport in Germany, but it obviously did. My advice to you is therefore: inactivate a lot of earlier add-ons (just click the white X:s away in the Scenery Library) and then check your airports. If the flashing is gone, enable your add-ons again, one or a few at a time, and check the airports in between. Hope you can find in this way the add-on(s)causing the trouble.Good luck!Roland

I think the polygons are then created in the wrong way, probably as a 3D object instead of using a LayerCall. If you are not the scenery designer it is very difficult to fix this, so the best advise I can give is to mail the author about it.ArnoMember NL2000 Teamhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest luissa

Roland,May be this very technical but, if a given scenery uses an Area( E ... ) block, then flickering appears anywhere once the given scenery is activated (you GoTo one of the airports of the given scenery).Regards, Luis