Sign in to follow this  

Various Questions About Airport 2.60...

OK Arno, and the rest of you experts... I have just a few questions regarding Airport 2.60.1. How do you get the taxiway centerline lights (green) to stop flashing whenever you are moving? I tried a suggestion I saw on your site, Arno, but using a higher layer for the lights (above the taxiway) did not seem to work.2. How do you get a nice looking 90 degree turn on a taxiway so the centerline curves around the bend instead of meeting at a right angle at the center of the intersection?3. Back to the taxiways, how do you get the centerlines to show up yellow (as opposed to white) when yellow is the selected color in the Taxiway dialogue box?I'm sure I'll come up with more Qs, but this will do for a start.Thanks for your time!DougWoodstock, GA

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Doug,>1. How do you get the taxiway centerline lights (green) to >stop flashing whenever you are moving? I tried a suggestion >I saw on your site, Arno, but using a higher layer for the >lights (above the taxiway) did not seem to work. Humm, I only know that my lights are not flickering (but I have not made them with Airport, used raw SCASM). I then figures out that the main difference was the LayerCall. Maybe I have the time to take a short look at the Airport code soon.>2. How do you get a nice looking 90 degree turn on a >taxiway so the centerline curves around the bend instead of >meeting at a right angle at the center of the intersection? Then you will just have to make a lot of points in your taxiway to let it look like it's round.I prefer to use polygons for my taxiways, because that makes it easier to get only the round effect on one side of the corner for example.I think there are also some people that use the road/taxiway option to make the taxiways and then use polygons to fill the corners, but I have never tried that.>3. Back to the taxiways, how do you get the centerlines to >show up yellow (as opposed to white) when yellow is the >selected color in the Taxiway dialogue box? It seems that colored lines do not work anymore in Fs2002. I always use a textures road (with a small width) to draw the taxilines.ArnoMember NL2000 Teamhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen

Thanks, Arno, for your help. I discovered finally that if I set the taxiways at layer 16 and the lights at 20, everything is stable with no more flashes. I had originally set the taxiways to layer 8 with the lights at 8 also, and it never worked.Excellent suggestion to make taxiways with pologons and then narrow roads for lines. I'll give that a try next.Again, thanks for the help!Doug