Sign in to follow this  
arno

FS2000 Scenery .bgl mods

Hi team,Firstly, let me say how nice it is to be on board. I have a question regarding scenery. but I will advise you all that I am VERY NEW to this part of FS2002. I have got the hang of aircraft, sounds, etc, but I am just starting out on scenery.Firstly, I do have a lot of the apps required (Airport 2.6 etc) but what I need to know is this;I have imported a fair bit of scenery that was developed for FS2000, and hats off to all of the creators out there, because your work is brilliant. The one problem that I have found is this; On some airports, that have had new taxiways, aprons etc installed, when you taxi over them, your aircraft reacts as if there is no surface in place (jumping & eventually nosediving into the ground).Common sense says to me that this will all be to do with elevations.Is there an easy way to fix this ? I am thinking perhaps not.All replies appreciated.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi thereI think you'll find that this due to the lack of a smoothing command, "Surface Type"check this web site out http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/look for the "bumpy" link on the right hand side. I have this strange behaviour, Using Arch2002, waiting for amendment to cure this.If you go back over the forum, you can make a invisible runway in the shape of a macro, I think!!Still a new commer myself, but learning through the forum.hope this helpsRegards Dave

That correct, there are 2 options to make it flat.1) The invisible runway, I don't think this is a very elegant solution, as there is a special SCASM command to make it flat.2) That's solution 2 :), the SCASM command SurfaceType. If you use enough SenseBorder commands to check your location, you can even keep the grass bumpy and only the taxiways flat. I have been working on a tool to do that for me, but at the moment I am stuck in some bugs and I have not yet had the time to solve them.ArnoMember NL2000 Teamhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen