Sign in to follow this  
brucek

Major Problem with FS2002 need help!!!!!!

I am having a problem with Stuttering in FS2002.This problem started last week and I cant figure out why it is doing this.I get error messeges poping up everytime I boot my computer up.In FS2002 the problem is stuttering when I am flying.The stuttering goes in and out.I will get about 20-25fps when all of the sudden the frames will drop to about 2-5fps and FS2002 will start going slow.This drop will last about 10sec and then go back to 20-25fps.This continues while I am flying.It is very frustrating to try to fly this way.That is why I need some help from somebody.Here are my system specs:P-4 1.6Ghz 256MB-SDRAM40gig-HDGeForce 2 64MB-RAM MX/400 28.32driversMy computer was running FS2002 perfectly until this came up.I have turned down the settings in FS2002 to try to see if I had the sliders set to high,but even when I had them set to the lowest setting this problem still continued.I have tried to reinstall the display drivers,but that doesnt work either.I also get this a error messege that pops-up when I am not running FS2002 that says,"Winkxkj.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows".What does that mean?What is Winkxkj.exe?I think that this might have something to do with this problem.After I started getting this error messege when I started booting up my computer I started getting this problem in FS2002.Any help would be greatly accepted!Thanks in advanceJared

Guest firehawk44

I don't have winkxkj.exe installed on my system and I have FS2K2 Pro installed running in Windows XP. Need to conduct a search on your system for winkxkj.exe and see what folder it's in. That will give you a clue as to what program is using it. It's probably running in the background while you're using FS2K2. Shut down the task (Ctrl-Alt-Del) and restart FS2K2 and see if this solves your problem. Good luck.

I tried to do a file search and find Winkxkj.exe,but had no luck finding it.When that error pops up I hit ok and run FS2002 and the stuttering stops,but after my computer starts up I have to wait about 20mins for before this error pops up.Sometimes it doesnt pop up at all and it seems like my whole computer runs slow.Thanks for your quick response!P.S. Do you know what Winkxkj.exe is?Jared

Jared, before u do the search, make sure you click on "Tools/folder options/View" and click on the "show all files and folders", 'cause if this file you are looking for is system file, it will no show.good luck

"....Winkxkj.exe has generated errors...."No such animal in a normal Windows deployment. Sounds like you have a virus. There's one going around which deploys executables with random names, and embeds them into your O/S through the registry. Can't remember the specifics, but I'd suggest a good virus scanner...John

John,Thanks for your response.I did get two strange e-mials the about two weeks ago.The e-mail was from "asherdrigers",and the subject was "notre announcer".When I clicked on the e-mail it had a file attachment that attached itself to my HD.I dont know what kind of file it was but it really has'nt done anything that severe other than cause FS2002 to run like crap.I have downloaded a program called EndItAll and found the Winkxkj.exe file in the processes tab of task manager.I used EndItAll to Kill the exe file and it fixed my little problem with the stuttering.If I get a virus protection program can I delete this file?Thanks again for your help!Jared

Norton AV should take care of it... But run, don't walk, to the nearest store and get it. Most of these viruses have a timed payload, and cause very little initial damage. This allows them to propagate through the user's machine. But when the timed payload hits, you're at the mercy of whatever mayhem the virus's author intended. You could also attempt to scan the registry for all keys associated with the .exe, and delete them. That might prevent it from running in the future, and at startup. You certainly don't want it running at startup...Also.... .exe viruses of this type usually conceal themselves in innocent looking attachments, that might appear to the user as "readme.txt". And we've all been told you can't get a virus from a text document, right? Well, in this case they exploit a setting that many users enable in Windows--"hide extensions for known file types". You think you're clicking on readme.txt, when instead you're clicking on readme.txt.exe....Good Luck,John

John,Your suspision was correct.I had the I-Worm.klev.e virus.I went to a web site on current viruses and read all about what this virus does.It sounded pretty serious.Luckly they had a program that disenfects it from your HD.I ran this program and it took care of the Worm.Now when I start up my computer I dont get the winkxkj.exe error messege.On the website they said that people that get the winkxjk.exe error messege should be considered very lucky,as this is indication that the worm isnt working right.It also said that on the 6th day of every odd month the worm attches itself to other exe files and causes errors to other applications.I am so glad to get this off my system.I will most likely invest some money into Anti-virus Software as this is my first encounter with a computer worm/virus.Thanks again John for your help!:-beerchug This beer is on me!!Cheers!Jared

Hi Jared,I'm glad you caught this virus in time! I had a worm about 2 years ago which entered on an e-mail sent to me (unknown to the sender, of course). I bought Norton AV the very same day and haven't stopped it since! Besides, since these little packages of destruction usually mutate by e-mail, I figure I owe it to all in my address book to have a clean system- I know how pi**ed of I was when I got an e-mail that had a payload attached to it.Good luck,Bruce.