Sign in to follow this  

Gmax advanced questions

Having experienced the use of gmax, one needs to expand the useage more. Have some questions relating to gmax, would appreciate for your reply.a) Flashing lights with gmax? can they be created and imported into FS?:( Rotating objects? such as the radar etc. can they be created and imported into FS?c) How to avoid the gmax created ground textures bleeding through FS?One do not get this problem with airport software but airport software is not as creative as gmax.I hope to receive your helpLetats

Guest cwright

>:( Rotating objects? such as the radar etc. can they be >created and imported into FS? Give the radar dish a tick18 name prefix, for example tick18_radar_dish. This prefix makes an animation run continuously at 18 frames per second. So if you have 100 frames for one full rotation in Gmax the radar will rotate once per 5 seconds approximately. By the way, if you use the type-in transform requestor (function key 12) you can type in a precise 360 degree rotation to give a smooth animation. Best regards, Chris

a) I have not tested this, maybe you can use one of the light commands that are listed in the MakeMDL SDK. Otherwise you could also use a Beacon# command (also see the MakeMDL SDK).:( Beside the Tick18_, you can also use one of the Beacon# command, where # is 2 to 5 (see the MakeMDL SDK). Then you don't have to make the keyframe animation in GMax.c) That problem is because the code GMax generates is not meant for ground polygons, it is code for 3D objects. If you take a look on my site (see link below) you find some GMax tips there and it tells you how to edit the BGLC code to get the ground polygon correct. This only works if you only have ground polygons in that file btw.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Hi guys.You are already using FsRegen for other purposes..You can also place lights (as many as you like, flashing or not, always on/ night only) etc.The same goes for effects...As for the ground polys With just a click away on "Ground polys" you get flicker free, shadow receiving (even from other scenery, not just aircraft) and shadow generation free (a prob with ground polygons creating shadow even on transparent areas) polygons.Use it for taxi lines, night lighting your tarmac, runway skid marks etc.. Also select the layer that they will be placed.May I also remind you that you can place Windsocks, library objects, hard surfaces, modify the ground type (no more bumpy rides on taxiways).All this from gmax.It's there for your use.ALl the bestGeorge

Could you please explain BGLC code and btw and how to obtain them. I would imagine the modification would be simple matter of text editing.I had a look at your web site. I belive that the gmax tips would be useful but I am lost with BGLC.Letats