Sign in to follow this  
rhumbaflappy

Improving Ground Apron textures in FS2K2

I would like to change the ground textures in FS2K2 especially on the aprons and the grass textures, especially at KORD, KSFO and EGLL.Is there any way this can be done. For personal preference I quite like the grass textures at LIMC Milan Malpensa, is there anyway of copying them across? to KORD, KSFO, and EGLL. I know thgis may not be realistic, but that's I would prefer.Many thanks and best wishes,chrisEGBB

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi chris.Those would be found in the abp*.bgls( airport background polygon )At the end of the BGLs, if viewed with a hex editor, there is an ascii number... such as 1190... followed by 3 hex digits ( sometimes more than one set ). With notepad, examine 'terraintextures.cfg', in the main FS2002 folder. It gives the meaning of the ascii number, and shows the proper hex digits.Note: Make a backup of the original abp file you want to hack first... and then you know what to do with the hex editor.:)Alternately, you could make a TMF decal to cover the area... and hope it has priority over your current apron.