Sign in to follow this  
Guest saudi_777

Will somebody PLEASE help me????

Guest saudi_777

Hi guys,I really need someone to delete the static aircraft from a scenery, which is in particular an FS2002 freeware scenery of Jeddah's King Abdulaziz International Airport, Saudi Arabia. I contacted the author of the scenery but he won't respond. The problem with the scenery is that the static aircraft fill the ramp so much, that there isn't space for parking your aircraft. The scenery is made with Airport For Windows but I don't know which version.So will somebody at least tell me how to delete the static aircraft from being displayed, from within the BGL file? Or will someone take the scenery (I'll send it) and delete the static aircraft from them? Any help would be much appreciated.Thanks,Asim Daffa :-kewlVP, Fleet - Senior First Officerwww.sv-virtual.com

Hi SaudiI don't know the particular scenery you're referring to, but if there's a .bgl file in the scenery folder named 'static' or 'aircraft' or something similar, first back it up and then try deleting it from the scenery folder. If it's not a separate .bgl, in other words if the aircraft are incorporated in the scenery .bgl file itself, I'm afraid I can't offer any help. I hope someone else can!

Guest saudi_777

That's the problem, Crid... ALL the BGL files are called "static" :-mad when I saw this I went nuts! What am I gonna do? I just hope that someone could help me. If someone is willing to help me in tinkering the BGL files, I'll be MORE then glad to send you the scenery for you to remove the planes & cars from, in fact to find this scenery go to Flightsim.com, login and go to File Search, search for "Jeddah" in FS2002 scenery & you'll find it.Getting hopeless by the minute :-zhelpAsim Daffa :-kewlVP, Fleet - Senior First Officerwww.sv-virtual.com

If they are all "static" labeled .bgl's, then it will be your trial to remove 1 .bgl file, from the area's scenery folder, at a time and start fs2k2 and see if the are gone if not put it back and try the next. :-dohTry contacting the author.:-eek Wow, you have posted this all over the place.

http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d2111b51c5506f6.jpgJay....:-waveNWA Line Maintenance KDFW NW KLM WORLDWIDE RELIABILITY

Saudi_777,As just stated in the last replie, the best option is to remove one bgl file at a time. Don't delete them. RENAME them, to something like file_name.bgl-X. Putting a "-X" on the end of the extension will tell the simulator not to look in that file obviously. As far as removing the objects from the bgl file. This is quite difficult to do. One method people have used is to load the bgl file into a HEX Editor, then carefully (assumes you understand the compiled scasm code that is in the file), locating and then removing only the objects and their attributes, no easy task.There are bgl decompilers available that perhaps would allow you to decompile and modify the bgl oringinal using an editor that the decompiler calles up. I have not gotten into this method but am aware that it can be done. If you are interested in this method post a thread in this forum, with a title like " need help with bgl de-compiler" for instance, which will attract the attention of someone familiar with those techniques. They probably can tell you where to look for a bgl decompiler that actually works.cheers,George B.

Is this the file JEDDAH.ZIP Looking at the zip list this is a predominantly static aircraft type of scenery. Almost all the texture files are aircraft textures.I shouldn't use this then if you don't want to use the static aircraft.

Guest saudi_777

Thanks for the replys guys,I'll try renaming the BGLs so as to decrease the amount of static aircraft to a minimum.... As Ihor suggested (& yes Ihor it is the file JEDDAH.ZIP), all the files represent static aircraft... Yet the only thing that I want out of the scenery are the trees surrounding the airport and the enhancments to the default airport buildings.I'll post about the BGL Decompiler Goerge, to see if someone has a good BGL decompiler which reverse-engineer the BGLs to remove the static aircraft. Let's hope someone does have a good decompiler...Thanks for your replys :-waveAsim Daffa :-kewlVP, Fleet - Senior First Officerwww.sv-virtual.com