Sign in to follow this  
arno

NEEEEEEED a BGL De-compiler.......

Guest saudi_777

Hi guys,I need someone who has a good BGL De-compiler program which he knows how to use very well, in order to remove static aircraft & cars entries from a bunch of BGL files. The scenery that I'm talking about in particular is available at Flightsim.com - Login into Flightsim.com, go to Search Files, and search for "Jeddah" in FS2002 scenery, or you can search by the file name of "jeddah.zip" .I need someone to de-compile the BGLs in the scenery and remove the static aircraft & cars from the scenery, leaving the rest (trees, building enhancments, etc...) as it is. Any help is much appreciated!Thanks,Asim Daffa :-kewlVP, Fleet - Senior First Officerwww.sv-virtual.com

It's not that simple.Much easier to build your own airport building & trees.Not really good cricket to mess with other people's creations.MS yes, others no.Have you looked at BGLAnalyze yet.I've never used it. It may help.

BGL Analyze is the kit you want (coupled with SCDIS to recompile the BGL with). Doesn't always work as it depends on which scenery builder is used in the first place!Peter Leadbeater,Air Pierre, Warrington, UK.

Guest saudi_777

Are these programs available from Flightsim.com?? Or where?

That's indeed the best option. Using BGLAnalyzer and SCASM. But it will be lot of searching to find the right Area blocks that contain the statics.And don't forget to ask permission to the author, otherwise you will be violating his copyright and can get in trouble.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog