Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Importing FS2002 Default Runways

I want to import the default KMKE runways and taxiways from FS2002 into Airport 2.9. I know that the BGLs are located somewhere in the default US Great Lakes Region, but how do I import them ? I have tried BGLAnalyze but perhaps I am not using it correctly. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Steve

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

One of the reasons you are having problems is BGLAnalyze doesn't necessarily decompile all the BGLC code properly. It is more tuned to decompile SCASM code. Secondly, trying to find and decompile the area of interest may be a long and arduous task, i.e., US Great Lakes Region (read REGION - how many square miles are you willing to search).Airport for Windows, as does FSSC and other Scenery Design programs, uses a different approach. They make an exclude area for the area of interest, which effectively eliminates the default scenery area and substitutes the new airport scenery you create.Lastly, you may be better off using Airport for Window 2.6 ver 156, since a lot of corrections are not in the AFW2.9 Alpha Version yet.