Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

Customterraintextures

HeyLast night i was "fighting" with the resampler tool and the Customterraintexture SDK.The problem is not making resampler run and create textures and a BGL file, but when im loading it to FS2002, i crashes.the input in the INF file should be okay, but can you take a look at it[Destination] DestDir = "." DestBaseFileName = "ekytground" BuildSeasons = 0 UseSourceDimensions = 1 [source] Type = Custom SourceDir = "." SourceFile = "ekytgr_su.bmp" NumOfCellsPerLine = 3584 NumOfLines = 2560 Lat = 57.0659817960 Lon = -09.4938471695 CellXdimensionDeg = 2.790178571428571428571428571426e-4 CellYdimensionDeg = 0.000390625The strange part here is when i try to calculate the cellxdimensiondeg in the nigara.INF with came with the SDK.I can get the same output as MS are writing in the nigara.INF file.Here is the example:Microsoft gets:CellXdimensionDeg = 9.594888067660175E-005CellYdimensionDeg = 7.3660695441155573E-005Im getting:CellXdimensionDeg = 0.0023866348448687350835322195704057CellYdimensionDeg = 0.0025we are told by the SDK to Divide 1 / Numofcellsperline and 1 / numoflines.Im confusedChristian www.fsteam.dk

Sometimes it helps to think about the units of cellxdim and cellydim...the units are degrees per pixel. Once you think about it, you may see other methods to get these values. what you need is a method to compare a difference in degrees to a difference in source image pixels....I find runway ends work well...calculate the difference in degrees (helps to convert their degrees from deg/min/sec to decimal degrees) and then look on your source image and determine the number of pixels in the horizontal and vertical. Divide the first by the second and you have degrees per pixel.I get values in the range of EXP-05 mostly so this will make a huge difference in your work. The equations you have been using will only work if you have a source image that covers 1 degree....clearly the assumption microsoft used because dem files are chopped up this way.Bob Bernstein

Hey AgainIm a newbie using this tool.Can you cut this out for me:I know the bound

Hello Christian,It is not your fault, this is just the way that resample.exe works.Please look in the TerraBuilder forum (just 2 down from this one) where you will find an explanation of the black borders in the new resample.exe and how to correct this problem.Best regards.Luis