Sign in to follow this  

Trying to understand

Hi all,I have been following the discussions at this forum for a while and I must admit that I am really impressed with the high quality of almost all issues raised.The reason for me to follow the discussions is that I would like to extend an island that Microsoft didn

Guest christian

Of course my one is the correct one!!! :-jumpy To be honest, I don't know. I know that whenever I did something, my values seemed to work, so that should be a good start. In case of doubt, start with it, and if it doesn't work try something else... On a side note, it's really only named after me, but it should be 'George's value' as he wrote the calculator, so I can't guarantee for correctness...Cheers, Christian

Hi Anders.Your post reminded me to update TDFCalc... so I made version 2, and fixed the issue you addressed. I think this is now 100%, but, as Christian said, 'if it doesn't work try something else'!I treat N 0* 0.0000' E 0* 0.0000' as furthest SW point in both the Cell and the Area. The problem is... That is the borderline between the actual data points! Think of vertical and horizontal vector lines, slicing and dicing the earth into tiny LOD13 AreaPoint data polygons ( 4.75 meters square at the equator ). In other words, a TDF point is not a point at all, but a tiny polygon, and 0,0 is right between those polys.If you add a fraction of a degree to the South or East, you'll now switch to the next Cell / Area / Point, and the new version of the calculator does it consistantly.:)Here's a link to get it now, and I will release it with a VTP tuorial soon.Also, here's a link to the currently updated macros for TDF-BGLC [link:webpages.charter.net/ludowr/TDFmacros.zip]TDF MacrosDick