Sign in to follow this  
spotlope

Looking to Edit

Hello folks... I thought that this would be the best place to start. My question is

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Heh heh, sorry Jason. You've asked a sane, simple and reasonable question. Unfortunately, as I've discovered lately, there's no room in FS2002 scenery design for any of those qualities. I'm afraid it isn't as simple as "editing" an airport. You can add elements to an airport, and you can eliminate existing buildings and such, but you would definitely then be "creating" and that takes a bit of time and a lot of patience to learn. For adding elements to airports, you'll need a program that does just that. Airport 2.6 and Groundmaker both seem to be popular choices, so check them out. Eliminating elements just involves writing an exclude switch into the FS2002 scenery.cfg file, but the catch is that (as I understand it) you can't have multiple excludes in one scenery file, so you usually have to bulldoze the entire airport and start over. I'm sure others here can elaborate. However, if you're looking for an easy way to affect some changes, I'm not sure you'll like their answers either. One thing you can do if you just want to add more "life" to an airport is to purchase Lago's FS Scenery Enhancer. It actually DOES allow you to easily add pre-built objects such as jetways, vehicles and even some buildings into your existing airports. The downside is that you have to have their payware product in order for it to work, and if you share your improved airports with others (which they encourage) the others will have to have FSSE as well.Hope that helps!