Sign in to follow this  

Landcalc Problems

Hi,Im having some problem with the Landcalc2 programI have filled one cell(point 94 - 56) with 4 textures, but when i move to the Next cell ( east ) (point 95 - 56)the textures will not fit, the only texture showing i the one who should be in the NW corner, but now it is showing at the SW corner the rest of the cell is grey. The cells are lined up next to each other. The first cell i made shows perfectLandcalc shows the 95 - 56 points and gives me the texture names, but when i have resampled and renamed the textures only one texture is showing. I also tryed to move to (96 - 56) just to see if that made any difference Is there any way to find the middle of the lod 13 cell.I use the cellgrid for reference.Tommorow i will try landcalc 1, just to see if it gives me the same problems.I have remade ( resampled, cheked the texture names) 5 times, and it still gives me 1 texture and 3 grey cells.What am i doing wrong Chris

Hi Chris.When you have these types of problems, give an exact latitude-longitude, as well as source coordinates... otherwise no one else can find that area.Also, how did you derive your bgl that places the textures? Sometimes the BGL is not placing them where you believe them to be! TMFViewver may help there.If one texture shows, and the rest do not, it's because the BGL is trying to show a texture it cannot find. Either the texture isn't named right ( and that could be LandCalc's fault ), or you misnamed the textures, or, the textures to the NW are the ones needing the names ( the BGL's placement fault... the most probable cause ).LandCalc assumes a 257x257 source for landclass placement of CUSTOM assignments. Each assignment is for a vertex of a grid enclosing 256x256 groundtiles. A single vertex will affect the four groundtiles it touches. If you use a source of 256x256, the placement of the 'grey' tiles may switch to the NW or NE or SW, as resample tries to fit a 256x256 assignment to a 257x257 grid... and that's what misplaces tiles.Since I statred using a 257x257 source, I've never had a problem placing a tile set exactly where I wanted. And I've never had a problem with Landcalc misnaming tiles.Dick

Hi Chris.I'm attaching 2 pics. The first is a topdown view of a Terrascene CUSTOM set I'm playing with. Note the grey square for a missing tile.The second pic is Landcalc2... the yellow highlighted name is the tile I just defeated by renaming it's extension... that's why it is grey. The 3 named squares are to the west and south. If your grey squares are to the north or east of the higlighted name. It's not Landcalc's fault... it correctly IDs the name of any LOD13 area!Move to one of those grey squares and it will correctly name them in the highlighted area.The BGL is the problem, and I'm sure it was not a 257x257 source.Dick

Hi,Sorry it took so long time to answer, but i dont have so much time right now.IT seems like i dont allow the landcalc2 to update with FSUIPC, if i move it takes some time to update the texturenames.After i figured that, there has been no problems.Thanks for your timeChrisFsteam.dk