Sign in to follow this  
Guest falko

Using Scm2vtp.exe to make fs2k2 Roads

I used airport to build a road at S45.0 W45.0 location that airport tutorial uses. I already had an island at this location. The only thing in the new airport file was a road. I took the SCASM (road.sca) and used Scm2vtp to convert it to Output.asm.I then used BGLC.exe to compile the road. I placed the road in my fs2002scenedbcitiesairportScenery folder. I started fs2002 and used a saved flight to yonder (island) location. NO NEW ROAD!I then opened the fs2002scenedbcitiesairportScenery folder and renamed my island *.bgl, so fs2002 wouldn't use it. I restarted fs2002, selected the flight, and there on the ocean is the road.My general question is what am I going to use this new road for? If you lay down a poly, it covers this road. I was hoping to use this method on some airport scenery I am doing but it seems if I use poly's in airport, it is not useful.

Guest falko

The VTP-Roads can be used in two ways. Ther first is in hilly terrain where the old style FS2000 roads are clipping into the terrain, the second is to keep the autogen scenery away from your roads without excluding the autogen scenery completely. So if you use flattened terrain and no autogen scenery then you do not need those roads.

Falco,Thanks for your reply! The scenery I am doing already has some of the fs2k2 roads running through it. I was hoping to add fs2k2 roads to it but I guess I will need to use the fs2k style since I will be using ground polys.I would like to eliminate the present fs2k2 roads since they are placed incorrectly.

Guest falko

I forgot to mention: The VTP-Roads also can be used just for excluding the default FS2002 roads or rivers. This is done by setting the exclude flag for the layer number that should be excluded. To do this you have to change the first occurence of "VTPLayer 32, 0" in the .ASM file to "VTPLayer 32, 1", this excludes major roads. Changing "VTPLayer 31, 0" in the .ASM file to "VTPLayer 31, 1" excludes minor roads. Changing "VTPLayer 16, 0" in the .ASM file to "VTPLayer 16, 1" excludes rivers. Changing "VTPLayer 8, 0" in the .ASM file to "VTPLayer 8, 1" excludes coastlines.I haven't tested this yet, but I think it should work.