Sign in to follow this  

Autogen doesn't show up on custom texture!

As I've mentioned earlier I have been placing custom terrain tiles/textures with FS Terrain Calc by Jari Kaskelin and Resample.exe. Then I've used autogen annotator to place some autogen on the terrain tiles I just made. For 95% of the textures this works really well, but one tile is giving me a headache. It is far from the airport itself, and should not be touched by any exclude files. The textures around it work just find and have autogen as you can see in the picture attached. I'm sure I've added autogen in the same way as I did with the other textures, so the problem is not with Annotator. What could affect such a thing?

Hi efva2002.I think you're right in that the Annotator's output is probably OK.Gerrish Grey can usually spot the troubles with autogen, so maybe he will respond.I've noticed some abnormalities with autogen during the design phase, that require me to go to an airport on the other side of the world, and when I return to the design area, the autogen behaves. I don't know why.Also, there could be a stray exclusion in the default BGLS. I've found a few bugs in the original scenery to believe anything is possible. Also, I don't know the effect of object 'ref points' on autogen, but excluding a stubborn object is usually due to the idea that a 'far-away' ref point was the problem, and that needed to be excluded.I hope you can find the answer.Dick

This is certainly a very strange problem (or the solution is too simple to be spotted), and it can indeed be caused by some abnormalities in the world exclude-bgl's as you said.