Sign in to follow this  

Hold short lighting for FS2002

Can FS2002 and it's future versions get any more real as it can be??? If you are taxing down the ramp and look out, you will see at every hold short point a set of flashing lights, which are usually wig wag white lights. These LHSO lights are found at every major airport and I was wondering if it is possible to create these for FS2002. If so, has there been any scenery developers willing to venture into this new realm?Shawn Andersonamdlogo.gif

Yup our CYYZ scenery will have 'em and inset hold lighting as wellWe did the above almost two years ago for Fly!. So in short they are easy to make in gmax3DS Max so I don't really know why almost nobodyhas included them in their sceneries. Dan

Yeah and I really can't understand why M$ made taxiway centerlines but obviously 'forgot' to light them. I think just Seattle has some centerline lights, but this was even the case in FS2K, so this is really incomprehensible to me... :-rollWell here in Frankfurt (EDDF) I think there are red or orange lighted lined across the taxiway at the holding points rather than flashing lights. You can see them a little bit [a href=http://members.lycos.co.uk/fs2k2/eddf/09.html]here[/a] (unfortunately at day, but you can see the 'bulbs'. IN this case there are only three lights coz it's 'just' a taxiway holding point, no runway hold short).

Of course look at Wilco Publishing. They have come up with some pretty incredible scenery in the past. They seem to be the leaders in scenery development lately. Can't wait to see what Airport 2002 Vol.1 looks like.Shawn Andersonamdlogo.gif

Gary Summons'UK2000 series addon airports for FS2002 have these included.Cheers,Stewart.