Sign in to follow this  
Guest rbrown3rd

Phototexture

I have seen a lot of discussion regarding placement of photo based textures in scenery. Is there a tool to do this that does not involve programming skills? I have a single 1024 x 1024 texture based on aerials that I want to underlay an airport. I can do it fine with FS Architect but have trouble with Gerrish's tree macros in that program. Can I place a phototexture in Airport for Windows or FS Scenery Designer? Thanks for any suggestions.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks. Created the polygon and assigned the texture. Compiled with no apparent errors but when I go to the location in FS the polygon is not visible. The .bmp seems to be selected properly. It is on layer 8 which seems to be appropriate. Any suggestions? Could it be my bmp format? Can I have a bmp type with alpha channel for tranparency?Thanks.Bob

Ok, will do. It shows up in the texture selection viewer so I thought it was ok as far as format goes. I will try it with other formats when I get home from work. I will also check the altitude. Do you know if one can use a format with an alpha channel for transparency?