Sign in to follow this  
arno

FSDS V2 vs FSDS V1.62 on performance FPS

Dear All:What are the advantages in FS performance using FSDS V2 over the FSDS V1.62 ?Is there a significant improve in FS2002 performance?What are the new SCASM codes generated by FSDS V2 ?Thanks.alfredo Mendiola LoyolaLima Peru

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>What are the advantages in FS performance using FSDS V2 over >the FSDS V1.62 ? >>Is there a significant improve in FS2002 performance? >>What are the new SCASM codes generated by FSDS V2 ? Hi Alfredo,FSDSv2 generates FS2002 code like gMax.Regards,Luis

Dear Luis:I understand that FSDS v2 generates BGLC code instead of SCASM code?Thanks.Alfredo Mendiola LoyolaLima Peru

>I understand that FSDS v2 generates BGLC code instead of >SCASM code? Hi,Well it generates SCASM 2.88 opcodes like:TextureList( )MaterialList( )VertexList( )Transform_Mat( )SetMaterial( )DrawTriList( )instead of, for example:LoadBitmap()Points()RGBSColor()TexPoly()and so on ...Regards,Luis

Yep, so it creates new style SCASM code.From my first experiments I noticed a decrease in the framerates with the new code (just export an old FSDS1.6 object with FSDS2). So that was a bit disapointing. But I am still evaluating the other features, maybe I can increase the fps a bit....Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]