Sign in to follow this  
rhumbaflappy

LWM and meshes

Hi again.Actually, 1 point "lines", that name the same point as each end, can be used with the same effect. I'm attaching the revised macro as a text file. With 1 point, the stepping is the same, but it should allow remeshing right to the LOD13 Level ( if the terrain engine permits it ). So I'm using one point elevation spaced 16 LOD points apart... 256 points to an LOD13 Area.Also, in the above BGLC coding, I used an LWMAreaDataFill1x1 to place land over the whole LOD13 Area, but I used Transparent flatten poly/points to remesh... its just as possible to use these drawn polys to remesh water. LWMDataAreaFills cover entire LOD13 Areas or groups of LOD13 Areas... much too large for remeshing.I also reviewed the possible options today, and have found no Cell or Area flags to restore mesh... I think that's hopeless. Even the -9999 height code is arbitrarily chosen. Height goes from -32768 to 32767 meters, and the fraction goes from -128 to 127. -9999 was simply chosen by a programmer, and no other height number has any effect other than height.Dick

Guest fumey

hello DickI have done one test with RemeshMacro4.Inc on a LOD13 coming from a mesh LOD 9; in other words, the distance beetween 2 points is about 75 meters.As expected, the result is not so good, see the pictures for comparison.What an imagination ! 2 points for one, that's really an idea.Christian

Guest fumey

Sorry, The previous picture has been produced with Terrain_Max_Vertex_Level=21.With value = 19, the result is not so bad !!!Chrsitian

Hi Christian.I had commented on that value before, in another post, but it slipped my mind this time! I've got my system at '20', but the default '19' would be better, I think.The result is exactly the same as "oversampled" mesh... that is mesh that had too few points in the DEM to suppport the LOD level.Maybe the result is usable as it is, if a readme file were enclosed with the distribution of the scenery, to leave the level at 19.Now, if the points used in the LWM flattens could be derived from actual DEM data, even if it was gotopo30 or globe data, it wouldn't look too bad, should blend in, and could be done in a fairly automatic way. Of course, better elevation data would produce better remeshing.It might even blend into addon meshes in an acceptable way.At least you can see my suggestion, as to how this all might be possible. This remeshing would be a blessing if it could be automated to some extent... otherwise it's a lot of typing.For others reading these posts, this is the general method needed to reclaim corrected coasts, and reworked lakes, that have had default scenery flattening applied to them. I know of no other way to fix this.Dick