Sign in to follow this  
Guest Claviateur

Gmax 1.2

Guest Claviateur

Hi,For some reason the material is not showing on the object when I apply it in Gmax 1.2 I looked at this tutorial http://dfast.gmaxsupport.com/intro101.htmbut it seems the part2 of the tutorial is not completed yet....I am almost pulling my hair, anyone knows why the material is not showing on the object? I was very advanced in previous Gmax versions this one is differentThanksMichel

Guest hefy_jefy

Hi Michel,I went through the exact same problem! Its the little sphere with the blue chequer pattern, (in the materials editor} if you look long enough you will find that this means "display material in viewport"I agree, I was getting on fine with the old version, -- but I am starting to see some advantages (either that, or I am starting to understand what this is all about instead of just guessing!!!)Stick with it...Geoff

I sympathize...sounds like Geof has your solution to this one. I am in the same boat...took a step backwards in my ability to produce objects at first, BUT....this version appears more stable than 1.1 and I'm feeling now back up to speed after only a few weeks of questions. D_FAST points out advantages of this version, and it makes more sense now to produce multimaterials.good luck, misery loves company!Bob BernsteinEdmonds, Wa

Guest Claviateur

Oh thanks so much! :) :) I finally saw the material. Thanks gentlemenMichel