Sign in to follow this  

Taxiway lights

I've been asking this question around the forums and haven't gotten a good answer yet so here goes. When taxing in ANY of my FS aircraft (FS2K2) at night I can barely see the BLUE taxiway lights out the front view however they are bright and shinny out any of the side views. Any ideas? I have the lighting set to max (8) in the hardware sections of options/display/hardware. Before I get 20 replies that say only GMAX aircraft have landing lights visible from the forward view, please re-read my post. (That has happened on EVERY post I have made regarding this problem ) I am NOT talking about landing lights, I am talking about the blue lights on the sides of the taxiway. Thanks Mike B.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Mike.I don't think this is a scenery problem. If you resize the 2-D panel to a smaller vertical size, and then increase the Windshield view window, the lights brighten accordingly. The normal cockpit forward view is "smooshed", and in doing that, the lights dim greatly.The virtual cockpit mode doesn't seem to be afflicted as badly, perhaps because the forward view isn't "smooshed".Also cycling the normal forward view with the 'w' key will reveal brighter lights in the forward view.Dick

Thanks Dick, I recieved the answer from two different sources at almost the same time, you and another forum. I tried it and sure enough it works great! Thanks, I'm off to Las Vegas on the Red Eye flight.. Mike B.