Sign in to follow this  

White Night Cityset ?

I agree with the gentlemen that mentioned the default ones. Having flown at night many times, I can attest to this. Load up the scenery of New York City, fly over and bank over the defaults. Thats about as close as you'll get.

Guest Pabra

You can judge for yourself by studying Nils Alegrens videos from night approaches at fsfreeware. That's for the less fortunate who don't actually fly very often, like me. The default nightlight misses smaller street lights, in fact it's just colored blobs, no street patterns, but the brightness seems ok.

Of course ther could be a certain factor we may be over looking. In the real world are big jet cockpit windows tinted? Does it soley depend on the airline? Do GA craft come with a choice of tinted windows? Flying low altitude craft if makes sense that the lights would appear bright.Pete

>pjanak, >>The real stars package is set to show all of the naked eye >stars as the default. You can go into the file and change >the magnitude of the stars that are visible which is what I >have done. I went from the default 9000 visible (globally >of course, not locally :] ) to 1600 which simulates mag5 and >brighter visible stars. This allows for realistic star >fields that are also astronomically accurate as a nice >touch. >>Tim13 I'll check that out. Changing the magnatude I mean. Did you change the brightness or did you actually lower the number from 9095 to 1600?Pete