Sign in to follow this  

More than 10 Flatten switches ? How ?

Hi all,Hoping someone can help with this, is there a way to add more than 10 flatten switches to a scenery area.If so how do I go about it.Thanks.

Hi Phil Jeff.From the Scenery SDK:"You are allowed a maximum of 10 Flatten switches perScenery Area (thus the numbers 0-9)."But I believe that concerns only the switches found in singular activated scenery. Other activated sceneries can also have 10 switches. Each switch affects the layers under the switch, so unless your scenery lies directly above the area needing flattening, you may have opportunities in other CFG entries to add additional flatten switches. Note: I have not tried this, but see no reason why it couldn't work.That said, why not use Airport or FSSC ( both free programs ), to define Area16n flattening polygons, and compile them as a BGL?Or you could learn the SCASM hand-coding to do the same thing.( If you are more adventureous, you could create transparent LWM flattens, thousands if you like, and compile a BGL with them, with no framerate effect at all. But that would require a few weeks of studying LWM poly creation techniques, to learn BGLC hand-coding. )Dick

Thanks for the reply.The reason I asked is, i've downloaded quite a lot of scenery and I wanted to put the one by the same author, covering the same area into one folder.Only trouble is, one set of scenery has a total combination of 40+ flatten switches. I was hoping to be able to make one or more BGL files to include all those switches so I could just dump it in the same folder as the scenery.Problem is, I'm new to all these scenery programs and don't know where to start.