Sign in to follow this  

Scenery installation

Newbie needs help. I recently downloaded Leeds/Bradford airport scenery by Paul Baines, now when I load fs2k2 I get the error message "Scenery.cfg file error. Local scenery directory (Addon ScenerySCENERY)in scenery area 121 not found". When trying to start a flight from LBA I get the error message (about 20 times) "scenery library object not found" and when I eventually get into the air the prog stops about 6 times during the course of a circuit and I get the same error message. I have removed and reinstalled the scenery several times and have even downloaded 'Addit Pro' and used that to install the scenery but I still get the same error messages. Any ideas please. Many thanks.Pete

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Pete,I have the same scenery and it runs without problems. However, I had a similar problem before with one UK scenery, and it turned out I hadn't Gerrish Grey's tree library installed in the proper directory, and FS started frantically looking for those, giving me an array of error messages.Check whether the tree library is required, and which directory it should be in (I think it's 'scenedb', but I'm not sure).Hope this helps.Cheers,Gosta.

Hi GostaMany thanks for taking the trouble to reply. However i have Gerrish Gray's tree files installed (they're in the textures folder) and have no problem with them at all in other areas so I don't think the problem is there. I've downloaded one or two tutorials on the subject of installing scenery so hopefully I'll find the answer there. Thanks for your help.Pete