Sign in to follow this  
Guest RONVKING

BGL-files structure?

Hi Simmers! Does anybody know how one can extract navigational data from the BGL-files in FS2002? I know there is a lot of information i the SDK-manuals, which one can download from the FS2002 Web-site. But its rather technical and "heavy" reading. If anybody knows a website or a book, where the structure of the BGL-files are described in a "human" way please inform me. I'm working on a little freeware flightplan-program (prg: Delphi 5.0) and it could be fine to be able to search for airports and use their data. Merry Christmas and a happy new year Lars

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello Lars,Theres also a program called easynavs available which will allow you to extract navaids from bgl which you can save in a data base. add delete, edit etc and then save it back as a new BGL file.Its worth remembering that to AFD files only list the data for the MSFS map/gps while the nav data used by the radios etc are kept in various files in the scenerydb folders.Rgds Ronps if anyone knows of an easy way to take that information and make up a AFD file please can you let me know as I have added a bunch of NDB's to the eurnwndb.bgl for the North Sea oil rigs and don't really want to spend hours retyping it all again.