Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

Latitude/Longitude Bounds HELP PLEASE!

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

In a BGL file there are 4 32 bit numbers which represent the North/South/East/West bounds that the specific BGL represents.According to FS2000 SDK the North & South Bounds are 32-bit represented in METERS. I am assuming this is UTM. The East & West values are supposed to be represented in PseudoDegree Units.I have looked all over the internet for information on converting UTM to Degrees & vice versa and have come CLOSE. However I need to make sure my values correspond to Flight Simulator.Can someone PLEASE help or show me how to convert these values to Degrees or vice versa?Let's use the following values for an example which happens to come from the yakutafd.bgl file:Offset: Hex Value: Decimal Equivalent (Lo/Hi):0x02 - 0x05 E9 C8 82 00 85711130x06 - 0x09 BC F6 74 00 76653400x0a - 0x0d FF FF FF 77 20132659190x0e - 0x11 FF FF FF 57 1476395007

Guest sapper42

Hi, i have no idea what UTM means but i found out the hard way trying to place BGL objects that the coords in MS are decimal seconds and you need to multiply the seconds by 0.6 to convert to degree seconds.eg: -144;56;25 = -144;56;15hope this may help, as for the hex code, id presume you need a hex converter to convert the coords into hex and vice versargds Jeff

Hello Carmine,Using George Ioannu's FS Regen gave the following:Lat bounds : 68* 58.5605 to 77* 7.5925 Lon bounds : 123* 45.0 to 168* 45.0for the yakutafd.bgl.Best regards.Luis