Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

How to change code in SCASM

This may seem like a stupid question, just bear with me I am a :-newbie to scenery design. I came across an interesting problem when designing a scenery in Airport for Windows. It seems that when I am in the flight simulator, it doesn't display any of the infield polygons in the north end of the airport (which is KSJC b.t.w.). Someone gave me heads up on what code to change in SCASM. However, when I got to make the changes it doesn't change. Is there any thing I am doing wrong. Again I thank you guys in advance.

Do you mean you can't change the source file?If you open your airport *.sca (SCASM source file) with Notepad, Wordpad, or any good Text Editor with Wordwrap OFF, you should be able to make any changes you want and save the file.At that point you need to place it in your SCASM folder then grab and drag over the SCASM.exe file for it to compile the file. Once compiled, place in your fs2002 scenery folder.If you try and make the changes within Airport, it probably is going to change it back to the original.ORDo you mean the manual changes don't make a difference in the scenery problem?

OK. Changing the code in SCASM dosen't seem to work. It removes all of the polygons exept the ground poly I laid first. Maybe I should try a different layer? I will give it try, can't seem to hurt right. Once again thanks for all your help.

Well, since changing the code didn't help, I decided to then take the plunge and change the layer of the ground poly. I demoted it to layer 7, and voila I can see my polygons. Why the program was drawing the infield polygons at the north end of KSJC at a lower layer I will never know. In Airport for windows, it said that they were all at the same layer and alt; I don't know. I want to be sure to thank S.Weiffert and Mark for taking the time to respond to my post. Thanks guys.