Sign in to follow this  

WIERDEST problem adding scenery !!!

ive been adding lots of scenery to FS2002 pro for at least a yearive added at least 300 areas with no problemsi do the usual routine1.add a scenery pack to my personal folder2.start the program and goto settings-add scenery area-find the file and tell the program to add the selected area.3.the newly added area adds to the active scenery window just as it always hasnow heres where something is really wierdi exit the screen by ok'ing the additions again as i always haveif i go right back into the add screen the added scenery DOES NOT show up ????even more unusual is that if i exit the program and check the scenery.cfg the added area is there just fine !!!also if the scenery area that i added adds a listing in "add on scenery" the entry is there just as it should be.the added scenery works just fine and as i said the scenery.cfg is updated properly.the damn area just doesnt show up on the scenery list so i cant deactivate or activate it by checking the appropriate box.i cant figure it outlike i said ive added hundreds of scenery packs and now all of a sudden the above scenario occurs.any idea whats up or know who i can ask - respond here or e-mail me direct....helphelpthanksjimboooooojimbov@crosslake.net

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You may have hit the magic limit of the scenery.cfg file of approx 322. Try removing some of the other scenery below the max number you now have and see if it lets you install this scenery.

Hi JimI'm not sure if this is helpful but in FS2000 there is a limit of 332 enteries that FS reads from the Scenery.cfg file. Adding more entries doesn't do anything.I didn't know, (and don't know), if this issue is the same within FS2002 or not but it sounds like it is to me.I hope this helpsKen

BTW: I almost forgot to mentionBeing a bgl is a bgl, you can seriously cut down the amount of Scenery.cfg entries by placing ALL (or many of) of those add-ons into a simple Scenery directory structure and then ONE entry for them all.I hope this help too.Ken