Sign in to follow this  
rhumbaflappy

Flattening water?

How can I get rid of this "rising" water around the end of the runway?I think it is the airport skirtings that's causing the problem.What's the easiest way of sorting this out, LWM or VTP?

Guest gorchi

Hi Knnygar!I think only LWM will help You. I have been solving some of these problems today with lakes. But I must warn You that raising or lowering layer will affect whole LOD13 quadrant if You have only one LWM poly inside.Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

Hi KnnygarFrom what I understand and seeing your picture I believe you'll need to rebuild the coastline.You might want to try the newly released by Iain Murray. It's a great tool with a tutorial for the exact type of problem you have.My [link:ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=LWMDraw4.zip&Author=&CatID=Root|LWMDraw4] will also do the job but generates each LOD 13 Area separately.Also you might want to try the latest version of [link:ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=read_count&om=1645&forum=DCForumID10]AutoAsm by Chris Wright with VTP support.I'm certain any one of these tools along the with this forum will give you successful results. I hope this helps.Ken

The coastline on the picture is rebuilt with Airport 2.60, SCM2VTP and LWMdraw4.I have rebuilt a large area without problems.It's just the area at the end of the runway that has the problem :-(I'm not sure what is the best way to flatten the water when the LWM and VTP I have tried is not working :'(

The runway is part of a package, "Norway Airports".But I think the airport area is default FS.

Hi knnygar.If the the runway is default, then there is an associated "flt" bgl that will place an LWM flatten under the runway ( and possibly the VTP apron ).That's what is causing the bulge in the terrain.As you probably know, once an area is flattened by an LWM, you cannot return to the mesh. Your only recourse would be to try to flatten the water, or possibly, the land near the water to force the bulge down to the water level.I think this could be done by an LWM, with a height setting at water level, perhaps one for the water, and another for a thin strip of land near the water as well.Dick