Sign in to follow this  

NDB and VORs - again with AFCAD / Easy Nav

I have used Easy Navs NDB editor to create several NDBs that are used as Final Approach Fixes at Canadian Airports and are not in the original FS database files. These tune up and ident just fine on FS2002. I would like to get them to appear on my map view and on the GPS view. I have used AFCAD to open and edit Airport nav facilities (ILS, DME and GS) and these appear on the map and GPS views. There are no NDBs available to be inserted when you open an airport. I have tried opening a nearby facility and have used the insert NDB command, entered all the data, recompiled the file, and had the new NDB show up like it's suppose to, BUT, the orginal facility now disappears from the map and gps view. For example, I opened and used Active Pass NDB (near Vancouver, BC), inserted a NDB, entered the data for Sea Island NDB,ident ZVR(FAF for runway 08R at Vancouver, not in the FS database), saved it and recompiled the scenery files. Now ZVR shows up where it should on the localilzer for 08R, BUT, AP (Active Pass) NDB no longer shows up on the map and gps views. I have read other posts, but haven't really read a solution. The question is "How can I add a facility to an area that is not attached to an airport, such as NDBs like AP, WC, XX, XJ, XS, etc. which are all listed under the NAVAID section?"

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!