Sign in to follow this  
Harald_Kraft

FP TextureList & Seasons

I had a little look at looking season textures with the new FP TextureList command again.I tried to set the textureclass value to the same value that the LoadBitmap command uses when set to use textures (to be sure it ended up in the BGL correct I changed the hex values of the BGL). But whatever I did the seasons do not work.So this makes me conclude that the new TextureList command does not support seasons and that the only way around this is to use the Fs98 technique of checking the season with IfVarRange and then loading a different texture. It seems M$ has done a step back instead of forward here.Altought I used the SCASM terms here, the same is true for GMax/BGLC of course. And the tip on my site how to do it in BGLC is still valid. I wrote there that I expected that there was an easier way, but that doesn't seem to be the case.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[link:home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]Arno's FlightSim World for scenery design hints, tips and other tricks...

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Hi ArnoI have the same problems in my Fuerstenfeld scenery and in SCASM I use the following workaround. I add a "LoadBitmap" command between "SetMaterial" and "DrawTriList" to get seasons and it works.I have not uploaded the scenery yet, because im still trying to find out, if there are some bad sideeffects with tfhis dirty little trick.Harald

Interesting.Have you tried using the LoadBitmap command only? Because I doubt it that both can be combined. Maybe you can use the old LoadBitmap command with the DrawTriList. I'll take a look into this, this weekend.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[link:home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]Arno's FlightSim World for scenery design hints, tips and other tricks...

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Hi ArnoThe result with LoadBitmap only were transparent bitmaps. Adding the setmaterial command, solved this problem.I am experimenting with converting the .ASM files from MAKEMDL into API-Files for Airportforwindows. I do it by hand now and it takes about 5 minutes of work and I can already use this objects in my sceneries. Adding the CrashOctTree command is still open.Harald

Hi Herald,Do you mean that you make a library out of the GMax object and then place it with a macro? Or do you translate all the code from BGLC to SCASM?If the last is true, I am working on a converter that does it for you :)Arno

Arno

Hi Arno,I use Zmodeler instead of Gmax. The reason is, that I can export .SMF and .BIN-Files for FlyII as well as .X-Files. I convert the .X-Files into .BGL with makemdl. I have built an API-FRAME with, into which I copy the commands from the .ASM-Files.So I am really looking forward to your converter.I have started with MSFS scenery-design only 6 weeks ago, so I have a lot to learn yet and every tool and tip is welcome.Harald