Sign in to follow this  
Guest gorchi

Overflow in Airport?

I'm in the process of making shorelines with Airport 2.60 and SCM2VTP.I made 80 roads in Airport but one of them cause a error.I tried to remove different roads but only one gives the error.There are roads with more points than the faulty so that is not the problem.The compilation continues but one road is missing in the Scasm file.Anybody know what causes this error?

Guest gorchi

Hi Knnygar!I do not know anymore how airport's SCA file looks like but I would try to solve it this way:1. name all the roads, maybe like this: 1.-My first road, 2.-My second road...2. If I remember, You must explicitly tell Airport to not to remove SCA files - leave them on disk3. Open SCA file with UltraEdit, Notepad etc. and copy comment of every road to another file (best to do in UltraEdit).4. Finally do take a look what is missing there.I use FSSC and every road has its comment so no problem locating the road. Interestingly, I am making bug rework of roads in Slovenia in same way, only using FSSC instead of Airport.Oh BTW, do You know that Falko updated SCM2VTP to new version? Last version is from Feb. 8th.Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

One thing was not clear for me, the error Airport gives, is it during compiltion or during the making of the SCASM source? In the first case I would just run the SCASM file from DOS prompt and look at the exact SCASM error. In the second case, it's something in the Airport exe and I don't know how to solve that. I see that you use 2.90, maybe 2.60 is better in that case?Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[link:home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]Arno's FlightSim World for scenery design hints, tips and other tricks...

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

>One thing was not clear for me, the error Airport gives, is >it during compiltion or during the making of the SCASM >source? In the first case I would just run the SCASM file >from DOS prompt and look at the exact SCASM error. In the >second case, it's something in the Airport exe and I don't >know how to solve that. I see that you use 2.90, maybe 2.60 >is better in that case? >It happens when I "Generate SCASM sourcecode from Airport".It does make a SCASM file that is ok, except it's missing one road(the one with error).>Oh BTW, do You know that Falko updated SCM2VTP to new version?>Last version is from Feb. 8th.I tried this version of SCM2VTP, but I got some crazy results.I got lots of errors when I tried it.But since the road is missing from the SCASM file this is another problem.I have attached a screenshot of the entire area with the troubled road in yellow.There are points longer east and south, and there are roads with more points so that should not be a problem?

>It happens when I "Generate SCASM sourcecode from Airport". >It does make a SCASM file that is ok, except it's missing >one road(the one with error). Humm, strange, I don't see anything strange from the screenshot. Are you sure you haven't got something like a double point or so that could confuse Airport while exporting? I must say I have never seen this message when using Airport (I don't use it often nowadays btw).Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[link:home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]Arno's FlightSim World for scenery design hints, tips and other tricks...

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

I have checked for double points and couldn't find any.I just discovered that when I look at the SCASM code in Airport all the others look fine, but the program crashed and closed when I tried to look at the troubled one.I also tried to move it to another part of the area without any change.Attached is the Airport file with only the one that causes problem, can someone try it and see if they can get a SCASM file of it?

Hi. Probably not much help, but I loaded your file into airport, if you imagine your road as a "V", I drew a road with only three points just outside the limits of yours. I then deleted your road and it has the same problem.Seems to be the actual area it covers?DavidEdit:Loaded your file into FSSC and it seems Ok.

>Probably not much help, but I loaded your file into airport, >if you imagine your road as a "V", I drew a road with only >three points just outside the limits of yours. I then >deleted your road and it has the same problem. >>Seems to be the actual area it covers? >I think I might have found the problem :-)When I measured the longest distance between the points I found it was ca. 32000 meters.I then tried to cut off the top "hook" to the west, and then it worked :-sun1When I excamined the other objects I saw that they didn't cover such a big area even though they had more points.

Guest gorchi

Hi Knnygar!Just my 2c; I was quietly suspecting that this would cause the problem, because Derek had the same problem in FSSC 1.5.4. When I asked him, why I get some strange errors he found out, that he was using small integer for counting distance (-32565 - +32565) and that's it. The problem lies in the fact, that nobody expected that some day these programs will be used to cover huge areas; they exists from pre FS2002 area where noone was thinking about VTP roads.Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net