Sign in to follow this  

One object; multiple textues in Gmax

Guest JTWhite

Im back doing scenery in Gmax after an absence, and I can't seem to figure out how to map to textures to one object.Can anyone directo me to a good tutorial...Ive searched this forum threads and some Web pages, but they dont seem to follow Gmax 1.2, which makes it kidna confusing.Any help would be greatly appreciated.ThanksJohnW

Don't know a good tutorial, but basically the idea is that you select the polygon you want to have the texture and while it is still selected you drag the material on it from the material library.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[link:home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]Arno's FlightSim World for scenery design hints, tips and other tricks...

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Hello John go over to www.gmaxsupport.com and look for some links to "DFast's" tuts he has spent a lot of time on 'em and they are quite good and they do cover the new material editor as well.Not trying to avoid answering you(I know my way around Gmax3DS Max)But since his tuts are so well done it would be wrong not to point you in that direction. Dan

Guest JTWhite

Thanks Dan, the Dfast tutorial is perfect, just what I needed.John

>Hello John go over to www.gmaxsupport.com and look for some >links to "DFast's" tuts he has spent a lot of time on 'em >and they are quite good and they do cover the new material >editor as well. >Not trying to avoid answering you(I know my way around >Gmax3DS Max) >But since his tuts are so well done it would be wrong not to >point you in that direction. >>> Dan Could you please say me exactly where can I find this tutorial? The gmax Support site is crashed, so I didn't find the mentioned tutorial.Better, could you please send this tutorial to my email adress?Thanks! ;-)

Gee sorry I don't have the link anymore( I never needed the tuts) so I did not keep the link. :-( Dan

put the edit mesh modifier to the stackselect your poly'sadd the materail modifier and assign the material Idthen apply the uvwmap now create your muti-material and assign your map. Now apply the uvw unwrap to the stackNow when you go to edit uvws. Down at the bottom u'll see -- ALL ID's --- you would pick the one you want to work with or are working with.Now just repeat the process over again for the different ID #'s.Here a little tip asigning ID's this way you can even go through assigning the IDs then the uvw map then adding the unwrap and so on until your totaly done , and you can still go down the stack and assigning maps later. But for the beginner i would stay with doing one at a time untill you feel comfortable. And dont forget naming conventions, you can easly get lost in a really big stack. Take it from one who has managed to goof it up and have to start all over again