Sign in to follow this  
Guest gorchi

FSDS Obstacle Beacons?

I am turning to night lighting in my KC scenery. How do I accomplish the obstacle red lights with the glow that other obstacles in the scenery have? Thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi!As Arno said, You can make anticollision lights using dot feature in FSDS. There are three ways of making light object (not only from dots!):1. make an object from polygon or some other object, then in part properties make it dots. This way You will get dots which will light in not too long distance2. make a part from polygon or other object and use one of special names for part; in this case Light.Beacon. This way You'll get longest visibility of Your light3. make a part from cube or tube and if You have FSDS V2, in material list make let's say red light, where You choose your color (red) for Diffuse, Ambient and Emisive color (for night light).If You have FSDS V2, please do not forget to go to Abacus (www.abacuspub.com) for the update to V2.11 (at least) otherwise colors will not be correct. You should manually change color in API code.You can also make polygon glow at night in old FSDS V1.6 but unfortunatelly I have forgot how to do it ;(Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net