Sign in to follow this  
Johan_Dees

Need HELP: CH YOKE LE AND XP!

Hi,I bought an CH YOKE, LE USB and plugged it in.XP recognized it directly, and it works like a charm..Well, not completley, after a little while the input fromthe yoke goes weird, and it doesnt respond anymore.If I reboot the YOKE works again for a while, and itstarts all over again.Someone?Johan[A HREF=http://www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk]Phoenix Simulation Software[/A]Unofficial PSS website:www.people.zeelandnet.nl/johd

Guest Don_Eliot

John, has been a while since I had your problem but one of the things that can cause it is the setting in system/devices list at the bottom of list for USB. XP has default set to something like "disconnect usb device when inactive" or something like that. Check if yours is set that way. The wording I used is not correct but you get the idea. Don

Can you guide me a little where to find it? I looked but didnt see it in XPI have the Pro versionJohan[A HREF=http://www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk]Phoenix Simulation Software[/A]Unofficial PSS website:www.people.zeelandnet.nl/johd

Hi,Look in Control Panel/System/Hardware/DeviceManager/USB (find CH yoke HID) in USB Root/Power Management/Clear option "allow computer turn off this device to save power" - but if this not work:I had a similar problem with CH Pedals PRO USB wich I connect and XP recognize immediatly but after a while they become weird and rudder get stucked in most left position.Tried everything (XP drivers updates for Audigy sound card, etc)... only solved the problem with CH XP driver Control Manager. Now pedals work like a charm, very smooth like never before in good old Windows 98.Instalation is a little weird because it checks every perypheric installed in your PC.system: P4 1.8Ghz/Asus P4TE i850/512 Rimm/GF4 TI4400/SB Audigy Player/CH yoke-pedals USB/MS FFB1/XP Home/CH Control manager.wish you good luck...AntonioPS: also need HELP with PSS Airbus, I've uninstalled aircraft and now not able to reinstall patched version...

Although maybe not the best solution, I have found that as long as I move the yoke a little bit pretty often, it doesn't seem to do it. I guess the USB drivers with XP "goes to sleep". I have found that it does this when I am flying with autopilot (therefore no input). Also, I have heard that if you have the Yoke plugged in to a hub this problem can be worse. By the way, you dont have to reboot to get the Yoke back, just unplug the USB connection from the yoke to the computer for a couple of seconds. You can do this while FS20002 is still running, but make sure it is paused so you dont get any crazy inputs when you plug it back in. Oh ya, if I am doing a long flight with autopilot, I just disconnect the yoke untill I am ready to start hand flying again, then I reconnect it. Like I said probably not the best solution, but it works for me.-------------Holding Short

Thanks guys, I understand there is no real solution.Will try the ch manager..Johan[A HREF=http://www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk]Phoenix Simulation Software[/A]Unofficial PSS website:www.people.zeelandnet.nl/johd