Sign in to follow this  
arno

custome runways textures

Hi all.I was wondering if anyone has come across a runway texture or just a bmp texture that has only the displaced threshold of a aslphalt runway on it.I know you can get one's scenery design program to put them on, but I am designing an airfield which has the following because it is shared with a gliders clib.Runway has displaced thresholds at each end of nth/sth and east west runways. but it also has a thinner part of the runway between the thresholds of the noth /south one.And the east / west runway has part of it as gravel.Any suggestions most welcomed.U can email me at phillip@pmassociates.com.au if you like.Thanks in advancePhil

I am not sure if I have the right mental picture of runway situation completely right :), but I think most designers do something like this. You just place the main runway with the texture that is most appropiate. Runways do have an option for displaced thresholds. If you have a piece with another type of texture or width you can place a second runway to make that part and use a textured polygon for it.Hope this helps (a bit),Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[link:home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]Arno's FlightSim World for scenery design hints, tips and other tricks...

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog