Sign in to follow this  

FS2002.CFG Tweaking

Anyone have any tips/tweaks that need to be changed/edited in the FS2002.cfg file? Just reinstalled FS2002.I know there is a terrain value that needs to be changed (forgot what it was).What other tweaks do you do in the fs2002.cfg?THanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The best one is:TurbulenceScale=0.500000Or even lower..turbulence in FS is always too much!Johan[A HREF=http://www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk]Phoenix Simulation Software[/A]Unofficial PSS website:www.people.zeelandnet.nl/johd

>Anyone have any tips/tweaks that need to be changed/edited >in the FS2002.cfg file? Just reinstalled FS2002. >I know there is a terrain value that needs to be changed >(forgot what it was). >>>What other tweaks do you do in the fs2002.cfg? >>THanks There will be a performance hit of course but if you have enough power and you run at the higher resolutions the image quality boost is worth it. This section is as is, from the FS2k2.cfg with all settings maxed, the only lines that can't be changed from with in FS2k2 that I would recommend changing are the last three lines.The second line from the top can also only be altered manualy as well but it only adds slightly better detail to just certain areas of high detail Mesh terrain and I found it not to be a worthwhile trade off for the performance hit. but if your inclined you can change its value from =19 to =21(TERRAIN)TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=10.500000TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=19TERRAIN_TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=7TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_DENSITY=2TERRAIN_USE_GRADIENT_MAP=1TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=1 TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=2.500000 ;max decernable value 9.900000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=4.000000 ;Max decernable value 9.900000 TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=1 ;values above 4 are hardly decernableI run FS2k2 as set up with these values(last three lines):[TERRAIN]TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=10.500000TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=19TERRAIN_TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=7TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_DENSITY=2TERRAIN_USE_GRADIENT_MAP=1TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=0 ;0=off 1=onTERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=5.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=8.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=3If you are using a Nvidia GF3 or better card, you can see the difference these settings make by forcing the Video drivers to use a slightly negative LOD value for D3D mipmaping as well as to enable anisotropy set at a min of 32tap via your favorite tweaking program.Paul

Thanks for the info. Paul. Made changes to the .cfg as per your post and it's made quite a differnce. Seems like my system has been under-achieving!!Thanks againMurphy