Sign in to follow this  

Rotation Problem!

I made a wind generator in GMax and am able to rotate the three bladed prop using the Beacon3 label. It works fine. I then decided to make the unit rotate to face the wind so I used the tip from Arno's site (I have used this before for windsocks with no problems).A problem then arises.I end up with 2 sets of rotating blades, one always faces the original direction, 0 degrees) and the other faces the wind direction.I am attaching a screenshot. In this case the two sets of blades are about 90 degrees apart.How do I fix this???Thanks for any help,Ted

That is strange...., I have never seen this before :).Can you maybe post a piece of the source code (whatever.asm file) here? I guess there must be something wrong there.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[link:home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]Arno's FlightSim World for scenery design hints, tips and other tricks...

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Arno;I am attaching the asm file (before making your correction for rotation). In the limited number of time I have used your wind direction tip it has worked fine (and thanks) but this is the first time that there was a part which was already rotating.Thanks for the assistance,Ted

Arno;I found the problem. Although I added the line beginning with "POINT_VICALL", I forgot to remove the next line beginning with "OBJECT_0_RETURN." The error was entirely mine and everything works fine now.Thanks for your consideration anyway. As usual you are always there for us.Ted