Sign in to follow this  

HELP!!!.....Gmax object problem in FS...

HiI've been having a few problems with a building i've created in Gmax, being displayed properly in FS, I hope one of you out there can tell me how to solve this issue:I've created a building made of many shapes and parts, i've grouped them together, so all the objects are now as one.I then export this building into FS at set co-ordinates, and when loading it in FS, the building changes it's shape into many forms ie. a section of the building transforms into a very long object covering half the airport, other objects doing similar things on a smaller scale, and parts of the object becoming invisible.I'm wondering if this is down to a scaling problem. I've tried to solve it but with no success.Help would be much appreciatedCheers

Will, u've asked this before? Its so hard to understand what you've got that I so far hadn't responded. I still can't truely imagine what you've done. could you post screen shots, or some additional evidence. I think if folks had experienced this, they would have responded after your first post.Bob B

I agree with Bob. At the moment I have no clue, my GMax objects always show in the scenery as I have designed them. I have never seen anything like you describe.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[link:home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]Arno's FlightSim World for scenery design hints, tips and other tricks...

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Hi,Yes i have posted this b4, i assumed that highly Gmax skilled people hadn't looked at it, but now i know i was wrong, and i'm possibly the 1st person to have this problem.I'll try using a simpilar copy of the building which does work, and then make adjustments "hoping" that these issues will be sorted.Ive just done an Error Log file, which contains many objects stating "Found colocated vertices within triangle" and then when scrolling down, it's continuously stating "Too many parts".It does export the bgl, but the problem obviously comes down to this some what.Anyone know how to fix such a thing?Regards

I have never seen the "Too many parts" error, but have you tried reducing the amount of parts then? If you group them they are still separate parts, so maybe you could try to use the boolean option to combine some of the parts.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[link:home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]Arno's FlightSim World for scenery design hints, tips and other tricks...

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

colocated vertices is a pretty common problem. check out the design forum at http://www.gmaxsupport.com/forum/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgiyou'll find volumes written on it. Once in a blue moon I get it, but I find that its easier to remake the last part than to fix it. I do a compile every part, so I always know what the problem child is. Selecting vertices and welding can be a solution.Bob B

Just to let you all know, i've sorted out the problems. I welded certain vertexs and that solved the problems.Will