Sign in to follow this  
Guest MikeEppright

Airport problem with FSDS211 created API

I am using FSDS2.11 to create API objects to place using the latest version and build from Airport. Its worked well but recently I have developed a building that while not very complex causes an error when Airport trys to compile it. The problem seems to center around cupolos I am placing on the top of the high rise. When I remove the cupolo objects Airport will compile it fine. I will attach appropriate files. Error message I get in Airport is : Error in macro file C:Airport for WindowsAdditional APIsTransAmerica.api line 1628 -> EndA -> destination ":Exit" out of range (34114), source line 55Line 1462: longitude switchedScasm compilation status: error(s) 1Thanks for your help.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

... "not very complex" is a very relative term. I think that Airport has problems with .api files that are too large. I designed a terminal building that wouldn't compile in Airport, so instead I compiled it directly from FSDS2. Now I compile all my macros this way. It's pretty easy since you can lay a backdrop in FSDS2 of your area the same way you can in Airport. You don't need to create a seperate .bgl file for each macro - you can merge all your macros into one project and place them where you'd like.I still use Airport for FS2002 buildings, and exclude areas, etc. Part of my thinking is that "maybe" it is more effecient somehow to compile the macros directly from the source, rather than converting them to .api files first. I'm sure this is flawed thinking, since it is still good-old-scasm doing the actual compiling.Anyway, that is one possible solution.- Martin

Another solution is to tweak the source of the API a little bit, so SCASM will not complain when compiling anymore.I can't remember completely how the FSDS code looks, but i think you must change the Area type to C and the Jump to the exit into a Jump32 (but this is what I remember, so can be wrong :)).Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[link:home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]Arno's FlightSim World for scenery design hints, tips and other tricks...

I appreciate the help. Sounds like it might work.