Sign in to follow this  

Not lined up on runway?

HelloAfter installing an Add On airport scenery (CYVR) when I amsetting up a flight and choose YVR it places me about 60 feetsouth of the active. Yes, I can then choose my add on and it's fine.I know it depends on where I "choose" YVR but at some spots onFS2K2 I am not always given the choice of using the Add On Scenery 1st.What am I doing wrong? What am I missing? Yes, I am new at FS2K2but not computing. :-)FaxCap

If you have dual entries in the Select an Airport menu, then the designer has provided an extra AFD file that is causing the problem. Generally, the runways of the default airports are correctly located. Therefore, if a designer updates (overlays) his/her airport over the default and then provides a new AFD file, FS2002 will try using both.First, I would look in the folder that you placed the new addon scenery and see if an identifiable AFD *.bgl file is part of the files. If not there try the fs2002scenedbAFDFilesScenery folder. If so, temporarily remove this file to a safe area on your computer or rename the file with an oddball extension, *.ODDBALL will work. Restart fs2002 and see if the dual selection is eliminated. If not, try removing or renaming each file in the addon scenery folder to try an located an extra AFD *.bgl file.If you find an extra AFD *.bgl file, try using the airport without it. You should now be using the default ADF *.bgl file. If the AI aircraft don't taxi or park at the gates properly now, you will need to modify the default AFD file with AFCAD by Lee Swordy. You could use the designer's AFD *.bgl file as a starting point by placing it in your fs2002scenedbAFDFilesScenery folder and using AFCAD to extra the updated taxiways and gates, etc into a text file, which you could cut and paste to the default AFD file.

Thanks for the reply!I will try this when I get home.FaxCap