Sign in to follow this  
arno

Hard runway and aprons in GMAX?

I have just examined LAGO's new TURIN scenery, and in the manual it is claimed that the scenery was made in GMAX...I was wondering whether this includes the aprons, taxyways and runways. All of these items are wonderfully textured, better than I have seen in most sceneries, leading me to believe that the designer had a lot of control here....like applying textures a la the GMAX procedures.Can anybody confirm whether it is possible to make hard runways, taxyways, etc effectively in GMAX, or is one stuck with using another program such as FSSC or Airport to make runways (which invariably restrict your appearance with these programs' stock texturing)If so, would anyone give us a run down on the procedures. (This would possibly include tips on how to make a hard landable helipad on the ground, or for that matter, on an elevated area, or building.)I am keen to design my own scenery, but would like to investigate whether using GMAX for the entire project is a feasable approach.

You can not make aprons etc right away with GMax, this will require some tweaking of the source to get everything appear correct. I guess the designers at LAGO have their own tools for that sort of scenery (or write their code maybe even by hand).Because GMax is not really meant for this ground scenery I use FSSC and GroundMaker for this part of my sceneries and that gives nice resultsFor a landable helipad I would advise using FsRegen, that will allow you to make a hard surface.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog