Sign in to follow this  
arno

Land_light?

Hi!New question!I use land_light to create lights at my apron. I know that the texture halo.bmp controls the size of the buld of the diffrent lights in FS but is there another texture that controlls the size and intensity of the land_light projected on the ground or is this hard coded?I

Try chaning the size of the object you made in GMax. I use a triangle normally, and when you make that bigger your beam should do the same.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Apply a darker color. Perheps it helps.

Here is an example where I used them and I don't think the border is very hard. I think the effect is quite nice. Does it look completely different with you?http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/pics/landlight.jpg

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

I think all my settings are pretty default, here is a look at the material editor.http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/pics...2359.42.451.jpgMaybe it can be the settings on your PC. When you have set it to 16 bit colors the shadows also look ugly black, while at 32 bit they look nice. Can it be something like that?Also my light is not pointing downwards completely, but a little bit under an angle to the side as well.

Arno

Guest gorchi

Hi, I am using FSDS and I would agree to Arno, that more directly Your light points to the ground, edges become sharper and also area covered by light is reduced. For my apron lights I have more light sources with angle ranging from 70-45 deg from verticale.In old light command You could also define intensity and attenuation factor but unfortunatelly it seems that it does not work in new command.Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

What do you call the old command? As far as I know this has never worked in the Light command...

Arno

Guest gorchi

Arno,I do not know it from the head but I will look for it when I come home in the evening. I have a hangar full of these lights wrapped in transformations and indeed, light changes with those factors. Anyway, I found the instruction complete with an example in SCASM (word) documentation...Regrads,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

I always thought that both commands are the same (Light or BGL_LIGHT in BGLC). I'll have a look in the SCASM docs as well then.

Arno

Guest gorchi

Arno,here is one such light using older command:Dot( -113 123 135 )Transform_Mat( a -113 123 135 89 0 0 )Light( p 3 0 0 0 200 0.1 0.4 FF 250 200 230 70 150 )TransformEnd:Ret6ReturnOkay, I used Dot() just to have a light source on the ceiling, more important is other part. With Transform_mat I have put light on ceiling and rotated it down, to the ground while Light( p 3...) is actually landing light.Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

Thanks, that's still the same light as the one you produce with GMax now for example (and the same one I used in my scenery). Strange that you say that the parameters work here, while they don't seem to work in GMax for example.

Arno