Sign in to follow this  

Ground 2k night time crashes and missing textured polyg...

To any ground 2k enthusiast:Is anyone crashing when a ground 2k featured scenery approaches night?Also, I have tried to create a polygon of a peninsula the shoreline is there but the underlying textured polygon is missing. Any ideas? Regards,David S.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi David.Regarding the "missing" ground texture...I'm assuming you are extending a peninsula into a coastal area that was textured as water. You probably need to assign a landclass for that Area ( the LC button ). Alternately, you could create land with a VTP2 polygon. Leave the landmasking poly as land ( you did this didn't you? ), and make another poly as VTP2 layer 4.The world has many ground-tile landclass verticies assigned as water. This is not the same as waterclass. These are land values that act, and look like lwm water in FS2002. Change the value to a 'solid' landtype and you'll be alright. TMFViewer can view the worldlc.bgl to see the default assignments of the world.=====================Crashing at night may be due to using VTP1 polys without a complete texture set. Are you using them? Christian may be able to decipher that problem if you contact via e-mail ( send only the LWM file with your message! ).Unraveling these problems is very difficult. I recommend saving backups for the project's LWM file often, and with dated names ( Save as... ). Then you can go back and find a point at which the scenery behaved itself, and figure out what polys or lines caused the problem.Dick

>Hi David.>>Regarding the "missing" ground texture...>>I'm assuming you are extending a peninsula into a coastal area>that was textured as water. You probably need to assign a>landclass for that Area ( the LC button ). >>Alternately, you could create land with a VTP2 polygon. Leave>the landmasking poly as land ( you did this didn't you? ), and>make another poly as VTP2 layer 4.>>The world has many ground-tile landclass verticies assigned as>water. This is not the same as waterclass. These are land>values that act, and look like lwm water in FS2002. >>Change the value to a 'solid' landtype and you'll be alright.>TMFViewer can view the worldlc.bgl to see the default>assignments of the world.>>=====================>>Crashing at night may be due to using VTP1 polys without a>complete texture set. Are you using them? Christian may be>able to decipher that problem if you contact via e-mail ( send>only the LWM file with your message! ).>>Unraveling these problems is very difficult. I recommend>saving backups for the project's LWM file often, and with>dated names ( Save as... ). Then you can go back and find a>point at which the scenery behaved itself, and figure out what>polys or lines caused the problem.>>Dick>>Initially, I assigned a land class texture for the previously water -textured area. However, I couldn't create the irregular shoreline I wanted. I then tried the vtp2 polygon technique setting the land option and using the 0128 (grass)texture from the default world texture file. Your are right: Even though it appears as water, I can taxi on the polygon. Additionally, I the 0128 texture I used seasonal texutures but not a night option. I will create one.Hopefully this works.Thanks so much for your help, Dick.Best regards,David