Sign in to follow this  
Guest CapnCol

Landclass Assistant

Hello everyoneI have tried to use the Landclass Assistant but when I run the batch file I do not get a bgl created. I think that perhaps I am not updating the ini file properly, is there anyone who could tell me just how you do this please?Colin

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Collin!First of all, do You have Terrain SDK for FS2000 or for FS2002? For my landclass I have used first option which includes RESAMPLE.EXE, TMFCOMPRESS.EXE and TMF2BGL.EXE. In the second version, RESAMPLE.EXE produces BGL directly.Anyway, You must have properly configured INF file which should state for the proper RAW file.So, please do check for SDK, if You still have problems, then post your INF file here and write down also the size of image file (pixels in x and Y direction).Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

GoranThanks for the reply.I do have all the files to which you refer but I suspect that the Terrain SDK is for FS2002 (how can you tell?). I'm sure the problem is with the ini file as I can't understand the readme file instructions. Do you have to edit this file or do you paste information into it and what exactly needs to be added?RegardsColin

First... I am the author of Landclass Assistant... I haven't seen an email from you (my address is included in the documentation), so I don't know at which point you've made it to in the tutorial.Second, you need to be certain that you've upgraded to version 1.3, which resolves all known issues but one (which I'll get to in a sec). When you install version 1.3, you simply extract all files on top of your existing Landclass Assistant installation.Before you start a project, read the docs from start to finish, then read the docs included with the update.Microsoft still hosts the FS2000 SDK on their FS2002 SDK page. You must use the Terrain SDK that was released for FS2000. Landclass Assistant was written several months before the FS2002 SDK was released, and although it will function with it, it requires some careful editing of the files involved. It is easier to use it with the FS2000 SDK.If you are a European user, you may very well have your system set to use commas in place of a period for decimals. If that is the case, you need to edit the .inf file saved by Landclass Assistant to replace the commas with periods. Microsoft's resample tool only understands periods for use with decimals. My next release of Landclass Assistant "fixes" this by automatically replacing the commas when you update the .inf file. But that release is delayed indefinitely now that one of the supporting programs, FSUIPC, is going to become payware. I am working on an alternative.... But I'm taking my time, so I can enjoy my simming and family....Version 1.3 of Landclass Assistant does almost everything for you. You need to have FSUIPC installed. If so, you simply slew to the area where you want to start putting landclass, capture the lat/lon from FS, and plot the point where the landclass will be placed.It also updates the .inf file, so you don't have to plug in numbers or memorize anything.If you need more help of any type, just drop me an email and place "Landclass Assistant" in the subject. That way, my spam filters won't kill the email.Regards,John CillisAuthor, Landclass Assistant(I apologize for being unable to provide a link to the FS2000 Terrain SDK. My office firewall prevents me from browsing that section of Microsoft's site)

WSThanks for the link. I have been searching for a while and for some reason just could not find the FS2000 SDK's.All I need to finish my scenery is some landclass changes and then hope it all works with FS2004!RegardsColin