Sign in to follow this  
Guest cast1010

Gridgenerator question

Guest cast1010

Hi guys, I'm beginning a project to create a landclass for Winnipeg. I'm starting to use Ground2K and one of the first steps is to make a background image. I'm using a screenshot of the default scenery in Flight Simulator and I'll use a VTA chart as a reference to create lakes, roads, rail roads, power lines, small rivers, etc. Sadly, I don't have a scanner hence I will have to rely on my background screenshot to recreate as close as possible all this features.What I would like to know is if somebody can tell me how to create gridlines with a smaller separation than the one that comes in default with the program Gridgenerator. I tried to use it, I calculated the LOD8 value for the area (176,114) but the program creates the lines separated in 30 minutes beginning with the parallel N49*55.0 and the meridian W97*15.0. I would like to see the lines separated in 15 minutes beginning in e.g. W97*0.00 and N49*0.00.Thanks in advance for your help, it's very appreciated.Carlos.

>What I would like to know is if somebody can tell me how to>create gridlines with a smaller separation than the one that>comes in default with the program Gridgenerator. I tried to>use it, I calculated the LOD8 value for the area (176,114) but>the program creates the lines separated in 30 minutes>beginning with the parallel N49*55.0 and the meridian>W97*15.0. I would like to see the lines separated in 15>minutes beginning in e.g. W97*0.00 and N49*0.00.>Hello Carlos,the gridgenerator program 'gridgen.exe' uses 5 minutes as default step between lines. However you could provide a initialisation file 'gridgen.ini' in the same folder as the gridgenerator program.It should contain the lines[gridgen]step=1this will give you a step width of 1 minute. Or you could call the program with a '-s 1' option as described in the readme file.Unfortunately there is no way to tell the programm to start at a certain longitude/latitude. It just covers the whole cell with lines.Regards,Edgar

Guest cast1010

Thank you very much Edgar, you are right. Gridgen.exe uses 5 minutes separation, aparently I didn't see close enough. I just created several .bgl files to cover a greater area with the gridlines. A separation of 5 minutes is even better than 15 minutes, zooming out too much in map view doesn't let you see all the gridlines if they are separated in 15 minutes.Regards,Carlos.