Sign in to follow this  

Need tutorial on Animating in Gmax and transfering Animations into FS

Guest GabrielR

Hi, not very successful in gettin the animations to work in gmax, for example, I need a complex object to move along a defined Path (i.e. Baggage car) at the end of the Path, the car will stop and a platform or a part of the car will be animated. That final animation will have to start once the movement of the entire object has finished...I was able (not in all my attempts) to transfer a single movement on a simple object (BOx) to MS by changing the name to Tick18_XXXX.But when I try to do the same with a complex object I tried to Group the parts of the object and Give the Tick18_xxx tag to it as a whole, but the animation does not run.Any Tutorial? (love to read Tutorials) Any tip or advice will also be appreciated,

Guest gorchi

Hi Gabriel,have You tried Busy Objects? I don't have any link at the moment but a demo is available in avsim library and probably in one of previous posts...Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

Hi all.http://www.brainon.ch/area51/brf/BusyObjects/There is also an online tutorial, I believe. Busy objects has an advantage over Dynamic Scenery, in that it allows an unlimited number of simultaeous animations. It does require a working copy of Gmax on your computer... it does not need the "FSModelExp.dle" plugin from FS2002Pro, as it does not need to make a BGL from Gmax. It just uses Gmax to import/create and export an "object path" for busyobjects.Dick

>But when I try to do the same with a complex object I tried to>Group the parts of the object and Give the Tick18_xxx tag to>it as a whole, but the animation does not run.>>Any tip or advice will also be appreciated, Hi thereas far as I remember each object in the group has to have a Tick18_ prefix as wellso you could ungroup the group and rename all the parts with the Tick18_ prefix then group them again and animate thathope this helpscheersJerome